Saturday, May 5, 2012

Losing It

Stepping on the scale recently isn't such a daunting task anymore! I no longer cringe before the number pops up, nervous to see how much higher it is than the last time I checked. I have days where it is up a bit, but those days don't get me down because more often than not, my weigh in's leaving me feeling pretty good about myself! About a month or so ago, Andy and I went to a birthday party for a friend of ours. He looked fantastic having recently lost over 40 pounds! He and his wife both looked great and told us about the free app they were using that helped them with their accomplishments. So Andy and I decided to download it and get started. So far, I have lost almost 8 pounds and Andy has lost closer to 15. I can't even say it's a diet for us because we haven't really changed what we eat, we only now pay attention and log the number of calories we consume in the day.

Between the app, MyFitnessPal, and the healthy chocolate that I try to eat a few times a day, things are looking good! I am surprised though, how far I feel I still need to go after losing 8. I thought that was pretty close to where I wanted to be. But I have some serious toning to do if I want to get to where I'm ready for bathing suit season.

I feel this is a blessing in more ways than one. Obviously, getting the extra weight off and watching my calorie intake is helping me to be more healthy. But doing this diet with Andy and tracking it all so closely is also a wonderful distraction to other stresses in my life right now, such as infertility woes and the whole moving thing.

I'm looking forward to getting to my goal weight! Moving furniture and carrying boxes into our new home will probably help me get there sooner, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment